Chemical Peel Treatment
what is chemical peeling?
Chemical peeling helps to improve the appearance of the skin and face. A chemical solution is applied to the face that causes peeling. This glycolic skin peeling treatment is beneficial in reducing superficial wrinkles, freckles and age spots and mild acne scarring.
There are several options for chemical peeling:
- Light peels: A mild acid is used to penetrate the outmost layer of the skin and gently exfoliate it. This treatment is used to improve the appearance of the skin in cases of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: An acid is used to penetrate the out and middle layers of the skin, removing damaged skin cells. Conditions that would benefit from a medium peel include age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles, and some pre-cancerous skin growths such as actinic keratosis.
- Deep peels: An acid is used to penetrate deep into the middle layer of skin. This procedure is helpful to treat age spots, freckles, moderate lines and shallow scars.
- VI Body Peels: The first-of-its-kind, non-invasive, and pain-free! VI Body Peel treatments stimulate anti-aging collagen and increase cellular turnover. Target acne, acne-scarring, stretch marks, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation on various parts of the body, to reveal smoother, more radiant skin in just one treatment. For optimal results, we recommend three treatments spaced about 4 weeks apart.
What To Expect
- Length of Time for The Procedure: 30-45 minutes
- Recovery Time: There is little to no downtime following the procedure. Patients will experience peeling within 2-3 days following the procedure.
- Final Results of the Procedure: One week
- Duration of Peel: Chemical Peels may be repeated every 4-6 weeks as necessary.
If you are interested in learning more about our glycolic skin peels, consult one of our cosmetic dermatologists at our Boca Raton, Boynton Beach or Fort Lauderdale location to schedule your consultation. In order to determine which treatment option is best for you, we will discuss your skin type, medical history, and several other factors.
Thanks for choosing ClearlyDerm for your chemical peeling treatment!