What are Rashes?
A rash is a change of the skin which affects its color, appearance, or texture. A rash may be localized in one part of the body, or affect all the skin. Rashes may cause the skin to change color, itch become warm, bumpy, chapped dry, cracked or blistered, swell, and may be painful.
Rashes can be a symptom for other skin problems. The most prevalent of these are:
- Atopic Dermatitis, the most common form of eczema.
- Bacterial Infections, such as impetigo.
- Contact Dermatitis, a type of eczema caused by coming into contact with an allergen.
- Chronic skin problems, such as acne, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Fungal Infections, such as ringworm and yeast infection.
- Viral Infections, such as shingles.
There are many face and body rash treatments but choosing the right one depends on the type and cause of the rash. Most rashes can be self-treated and clear up in a day or two, but if you are experiencing rapid spreading or your worry is keeping you up at night, please consult our rash dermatologists to schedule a consultation.
Whether you need a face or body rash treatment or need treatment for a sudden allergic reaction, we have some of the top rash dermatologists in South Florida. With several offices located in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, and Fort Lauderdale we are committed to helping you.